Sunday 16 September 2018

Baby Shower and French Concession


This week was a pretty good one at work.  It went really fast, as it always does!  I'm making real progress with my 'Couch to 5K' running program - now on week 5 and starting to feel like it's making a difference.

I had my first week of Archaeology club too, which was fun.  I've got a couple of nutters, but I always get a couple of nutters. For some reason, Archaeology just appeals to the crazies!  They are all sweet kids though and they all had fun.

On Thursday, we threw a surprise baby shower for Ellie, who is the head of EAL.  She had absolutely no idea, and was thrilled that we had thrown this party for her.  My crocheted blanket was part of her hamper, and she just loved it, so i'm pleased.  Her last day of school was Friday, and then the baby arrived (2 weeks early) on Saturday!!!  His name is Luca and he looks just gorgeous.  We're just lucky she didn't go into labor at school!


This picture made me laugh, because I didn't realise it was being taken. I got to work, put on my black cardigan and then realised that Snowball had been snoozing on it at some point and that I was absolutely coated in white fur.  My team mates had to take the sellotape to me!


We had a great weekend! We had a proper lay in on Saturday, which was much needed after a busy week.  I went to the gym and Matt went for a long massage.  Then in the evening we went to Sechuan Citizen, a fabulous Chinese food restaurant that also does the basil drop cocktails that we love so much.  We went with our Sechuan Citizen buddies, who also love the restaurant, and ended up at their house listening to rock music, singing really loudly and drinking whisky. A fun evening.

Today, Matt went out early to a sports bar on the other side of the river to watch a boxing match with his pal.  I met him afterwards for a wander around the beautiful French Concession area of the city. It's all tree-lined avenues and fabulous tiny lanes full of interesting shops and restaurants.  We ran into a couple of friends from work at this great lane-side bar, that was just a hole in the wall with a few bar stools playing loud music and serving enormous cocktails.  We had so much fun, and even got our photo taken to go on the wall!







I even had Fish and Chips for dinner! Delicious!





Now, we're at home with our gorgeous kitties watching the Formula 1 Singapore race.  What a great weekend.  Only 9 working days until Cambodia!!!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a good week and wkend. Send our congratulations on the safe arrival of Luca. Xx

    ReplyDelete