Sunday 6 November 2016

Halloween


Monday (which seems like ages ago) was Halloween, which meant getting dressed up for work.  There I am in the above photo dressed as a Mexican Day of the Dead, Sugar Skull, with my pal Laura.  We painted each others faces, and I thought we looked pretty good.  

Below, we're in character...


I spent most of the day taking photos of the kids in their fancy dress and getting the hall ready for the disco after school.  This year I decided to make a photo booth - we always take photos at the disco but they tend to be a bit rubbish, just of kids running around, so I thought a photo booth might get us some better photos, and it did!  It was a huge success, and everyone loved the coffin i'd made for it, and the mask props.  The kids dressed as Dracula looked especially fabulous in the coffin!  Definitely one to remember for next years party.


The kids all decorate pumpkins too which is fun.  Here are some of the best ones.


Some of these are clearly made by the parents not the kids!  My favourite is the butternut squash cat below - simple but very effective.


The kids can buy raffle tickets to gunge a teacher.  5 teachers volunteered this year and here they are being gunged.  I had to elbow a lot of children and parents out the way to get this great photo, but it was worth it.  I printed it out in A3 and stuck it on the staffroom board!
 

It was a bank holiday on Tuesday, thank goodness, I'm not sure I could have coped with another 4 days of school after the disco. It's a very tiring evening!
On Tuesday, Matt and I had a much needed lie-in and then walked to the bar near to school for lunch.  It was a beautiful, warm day, so the walk was lovely, looking at all the trees changing colour.

Matt wasn't very well on Wednesday, so didn't make it into school.  He was OK by Thursday evening for his flight to Warsaw for an IB training course though which is good.  He still isn't back yet, and isn't due to land until 10.30 tonight.  He's going to be tired next week for sure.

The rest of my week was OK.  I don't much like being in the flat on my own, but it's meant that I can literally crochet from morning til night, so I'm happy with that.  I went to book club on Thursday evening with my little book group, which was nice, but otherwise haven't done much this weekend.  It's been very relaxing.

1 comment: