Sunday 3 May 2015

May Celebrations


It's been quite a nice week, what with only being in work for 4 days.  We had Friday off for the May bank holiday.  Germany celebrates May in a similar way to new year, so Thursday night was fun!  We went to the Webster Brewery in Duisburg, and there was a nice big group of us.  It was a lovely evening, and we didn't get home until 2am!

On Friday, I went for my usual run and in the afternoon, we went for a beer at the May fair in the park where I run, which is just around the corner from our flat. - there was a band playing, and it was lovely and sunny.

On Saturday, Matt and I went for a wander around Duisburg in the morning, and had coffee and cake out.  Then I went out for lunch in Dusseldorf with some friends.  We went to an American restaurant, and then for ice cream by the Rhine, followed by a cocktail or two.  Matt and I are heavily into Homeland season 4 at the moment, and watched 4 episodes on Saturday night!  It's addictive!

We have also booked our holiday for next year.  We're off to Miami!!! Whoooo! In just 321 days!  Not too long to wait then!

Today, I went over to my friend's house to teach him how to make tote bags.  I took my sewing machine and we had a very sophisticated time bag making and drinking wine and eating cheese!  It was a lovely afternoon, and the outcome was the first of many tote bags.

My article was published in the actual paper journal this week, so I've had a very happy feeling all week!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had a really good time! I'd like a closer look at that tote bag material though?

    ReplyDelete