Friday 4 January 2019

Happy New Year 2019

No one can be as happy as I am that 2019 is here.  It was brilliant to finally be able to say 'bugger off' to 2018 and all the trouble it brought us.  Although, I can't complain too much, some great things happened in 2018 too, such as visiting the wonderful Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Xi'An, Yantzee River Cruise, Suzhou, and doing two fabulous stay-cations in Shanghai.  I had a photo published in Amateur Photographer Magazine.  I have come a long way in my photography, improving all the time.  My health has improved greatly in the lead up to 2019.  We have wonderful friends, supportive families, and our two favourite fluffies, Sooty and Snowball, who bring us so much happiness.  We also have each other. This year has certainly brought us together and made us stronger than ever before, 10 years after we first met.  The year didn't necessarily go as planned, but it's been one bad thing, in amongst all of these good things, so we still have a lot to be grateful for.
 
2019 brings with it a chance to start fresh.  In the first few days of the year I am coming off my steroids, the nastiest of all the medication i've been on.  We are off to Harbin next week, an ice city in the north of China, with our wonderful friends.  Then, in February we're off to Vietnam.  We last went there in February 9 years ago!  We've got friends visiting in April.  I've got several photo shoots booked in, including family shoots and a wedding in the summer.  We are off to South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique.  I am a bridesmaid for my bestie in July.  We are off to the Rugby World Cup in Japan.  Sam and Amy are coming to visit us in China.
Certainly a lot to look forward to, and that is our attitude now. Look forwards, not backwards.

Here are a few photos from between Christmas and New Year...


Boxing day at Nanny's house


 
Matt visiting friends in Newcastle

 
New Year's Eve
 
And Dad and Matt on TV at West Ham Football, away to Southampton



Out with the girls, discussing bridesmaid duties



 
Me and Oliver at the New Year's Eve's Eve party

 
Afternoon tea with Al
 

No comments:

Post a Comment