Sunday 26 June 2016

Photoshoot, School Quiz and Summer Fair


This week has been so busy!  On Monday after school I went with two friends to their wedding venue, about an hours drive from Duisburg, to take some practice photos before I take the real things on their wedding day in August.  Their venue is stunning!  Unfortunately it was torrential rain by the time we got there, which made my first official photo shoot happen under fairly tricky circumstances.  I did take some quite nice ones, that I think the umbrella added to the cute factor of, but i'm still hoping for sunshine on the actual day!  There are definitely some things that I would change about the photos, and there are backgrounds that I would use that we couldn't on Monday because it was too wet/dark, but on the whole i'm quite pleased with the results.




We were all starting to wind down for the summer this week (not actually at work - that was hectic as always.  I had 4 days of cover in year 5, including one very shouty day where they were driving me nuts.  I ended up excluding 6 out of 15 from the afternoon game of rounders.  Turns out this is an EXCELLENT punishment.  They were very upset and were good as gold for the next 2 days!).

On Friday after work it was the teachers quiz.  I won last year, and Matt came third.  Neither of us did very well this year, but at least I still beat Matt, who came last!  There were snacks and beer provided, and after most people had left, it ended up being my team of 6 girls having a bit of a disco in the school hall, with one of the boyfriends DJing cheesy 90s hits.  Lots of fun.  We then all headed to Shanke for a burger and rhubarber schnapps.  It ended up being one of those spontaneous nights out that are really good fun.  Always better than the planned nights out I think.

On Saturday we had to work the school Summer Fair - it chucked it down with rain all day, which is fairly typical summer fair weather.  Everything got moved inside, so it was more like the Christmas one, but it was still good fun.  I was on the bag designing stall, which was popular.


Matt had been voted by the secondary school kids to go into the 'dunk tank'.  It was amazing!  I unfortunately missed my 3 goes, but I ran over and hit the target so he got dunked anyway!  The head teacher got dunked in his suit!  And my head of Lower School, as well as a few other teachers got dunked too.  It was very popular (Matt had the second biggest crowd after the head teacher so he was very pleased.)  The poor teachers did get very cold though.

Matt played in the teachers vs parents match in the afternoon and they won 9-4, which was great news.  All in all, the fair was really nice.  I really don't mind working things like that as it's nice to see the kids outside of a classroom environment.



Today is Matt's last lazy day before he goes to Swaziland for 2 weeks on Friday!  He is busy packing and getting everything ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and I wished I'd been at the summer fair to dunk Matt!

    ReplyDelete