Saturday 26 September 2015

A Sick Week


It's been a surprisingly eventful week considering i've been sat on my bum all week doing absolutely nothing!  I didn't feel very well all of last weekend, and my chest was hurting, so I went to the doctors on Monday morning, and ended up getting signed off for the whole week with a chest infection/tonsilitis.  I was given anti biotics and was all set for a really boring week...

A fabulous tiny orchid was added to the Harris plant family.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!  IT'S SO TINY!!!  I really am obsessed with orchids.


My lovely work friends bought me a plant and some choccie to cheer me up, which was wonderful.


Matt's new beanbag arrived.  I love how smug he looks in this photo, like he is the coolest man alive, pretending to play on his Playstation.  Really there is Orange is the New Black on the TV, which I have binge watched all week. I've finished season 1 and 2, 13 episodes in each season... yes that's right, i've watched 26 hours of OITNB this week.  Season 3 here we come.


I've comfort eaten...


... and even made some brownies on Friday when I was feeling much better.  Matt had to work today in Dusseldorf at the 'New Families' fair, promoting the school.  Matt got stuck organising it, and everyone else (5 others) had to volunteer to work, which is pretty rubbish - so I made brownies for everyone.  Hopefully it made the day go a bit quicker.


The interesting part of the week came in 2 stages - Matt spending 2 hours at the police station on Tuesday evening after the insane ex-landlady (who has been sending us really nasty abusive emails) took a new crazy turn by threatening to put photos of me on the internet and write nasty stuff about me.  The police are off to talk to her at some point (It hasn't happened yet because we have received 2 more verbally abusive emails since then, but I guess we're not too high up on the police's list of emergencies).  It will get dealt with in due course, and I feel much better knowing the police are handling it.  I can't wait for the whole nightmare to be over to be honest.  I guess we will end up going to court over the security deposit, but maybe a visit from the police will scare her enough to stop being such a nasty cow!
The second, and by far the worse of the two is our friend ending up in hospital with a collapsed lung.  He's going to be fine, and out of hospital in a week, but it's obviously very upsetting.
So, an interesting week all round really.  I can't wait for our quiet night in tonight with pizzas and beer, and the rugby, and maybe a bit of Strictly Come Dancing if I can persuade my lovely husband!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are on the mend! Sounds like your friend is having a rough time also. Love the bean bag and baby orchid! Xx

    ReplyDelete