Sunday 3 May 2020

Week 6

We are now at the end of week 6 of lockdown in England.  This week was a good one, despite the weather turning pretty cold and wet once again.  We had some very choppy seas as you can see in the photo below! Apparently, April was the hottest on record for more than 100 years.  Pretty amazing right?  Today was nice enough to sit in the garden again, but up until today, we've had thunder storms, torrential rain and high winds.

Work had been fine.  I was in for 4 after school clubs this week.  My lovely year 5 girl did some more crochet and tried her hand at cross stitch - it seems she has much more patience for crochet than cross stitch!  I've been busy working away on my photography course online, and Matt has been very busy doing two jobs from home.  He seems to be settling into a good routine with his new students, so that's very good news.  Our school in China is now back for some of the older year groups, so it means that Matt doesn't have to get up quite as early for lessons.  He has more of an 8am start now than a 6am start - Much much better!

Every day (weather permitting) Matt and I have been going out for a walk after dinner, taking Lola with us for a trot and a tennis ball chase around the common.  The 6 ponies have been gone for a good few weeks now, but this week we saw that 2 new ponies have come to live on the common.  I don't know what happened to the old ones, but it's nice to have ponies back again.

Mum and Dad and occasionally me, have been walking next door's dog Button this week too, while her owner was in 2 weeks isolation.  We had our last walk with her this week.  She's a sweet little thing and has become Lola's buddy.  She does walk very slowly though, so maybe Lola is glad she can enjoy a nice brisk walk again now!

I also had a go at cutting Matt's hair.  Mum did Dad's too, but since his is one length all over, I think Mum definitely got the easy job!  Matt wanted very short at the bottom,fading to longer on top.  I've cut my own hair for years, but have never cut Matt's before, so it was quite nerve-wracking.  Still, I think I did a good job.  It's even and no one is laughing at him, so thumbs up!  I'm sure it will be better next time.

We've all been keeping an eye on the news this week.  It was Captain Tom's 100th birthday.  He started off wanting to raise £100 for NHS charities and ended up raising over £32 million.  Incredible!

Oh, and we made homemade pizzas.  It's been quite a busy week really!










No comments:

Post a Comment