Saturday 11 April 2015

Back in the UK and Now A Published Author


It's been a lovely week being back in the UK.  We landed on Tuesday evening, and it's been quite hectic since then.  On Wednesday morning I met my lovely friend Annmarie in London for a coffee before she caught the train back to Newcastle.  We only had a couple of hours together, but it was so nice to see her, and made me realise how much I miss her company.  On Wednesday evening, Matt and I went to Putney for a curry with our friends who are expecting a baby in May.  They seem remarkably calm about it all!

On Thursday, Matt had to go into central London to get his passport renewed via the 4 hour service.  Matt's Mum and I met him at the Museum of London after his initial appointment.  We wandered around happily for a bit looking at the Roman exhibition mostly.  I love the MOL, it has so much to offer.  Plus, a museum that has Palaeolithic artefacts is always a bonus for me.



After lunch in a Wetherspoons, joined by Matt's brother, Matt picked up his passport, and we all headed off to our second museum of the day; the Natural History Museum, for the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition.  I have been to the exhibition a couple of times before, and really love it.  This year they celebrate 50 years of the exhibition, and the standard was as high as ever.  The only trouble is that the exhibition space is nearly totally pitch black.  They photos are all backlit, with the blurbs about them backlit too.  I find that I get a headache within the first 20 minutes!  You can find the link to some of the images from this year here.  My favourite photograph is called Cardinal Sparks, in the Natural Design category.


By Friday afternoon I was at Mum and Dads, and am loving my time here, relaxing and playing with the lovely puppy.  Mum and I wandered around the shops today, and it was so nice to just chat.


The most exciting news this week is that my article that I have been working on since 2013, has finally been published by Museum Management and Curatorship Journal.  Here is a nice screen shot of my name in print!!!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finally getting published. you have worked really hard and deserve to celebrate! Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete