Monday 10 February 2020

The Beach and The Forest


It's so lovely being back by the sea and in and out of the forest.  I didn't grow up around here, but I do feel like it's my spiritual home, since we spent every holiday here and now Mum and Dad have lived here for 10 years.  Soon, it will be officially home, when we move back in April.  For now, we are enjoying our unexpected trip back to the UK, while still being very busy setting online work for our students.  It's been especially tough for Matt with his exam classes.  My students seem to be surviving quite well on their own, although one girl did email me today to say that she missed me.  It did give me the warm and fuzzy feelings I must say.  What a sweetheart.

Other than work, we've been busy.  Matt bought a car on Thursday, which is exciting, and we've been looking at a few houses on sale in the area to see what's available.  I'm investigating a few jobs too, so we're making use of our time sensibly, while still leaving plenty of room for cross stitch, Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit and dog walking.  We've been to the beach a few times as it's the least muddy place.  We went this morning after yesterday's storm and could barely walk down the beach, the tide was so high.  I did take some photos, but I haven't put the on the computer yet, so they will have to wait until next week.

Matt and I are back off to London tomorrow, as we are going to Rome for a few days from Wednesday.  Very exciting!







No comments:

Post a Comment